IBL is a faith ministry, not a business. From our founding, we have been convicted to offer all of our services without fee to our clients, and we are privileged to serve them and our Savior in this manner. All IBL team members serve as faith-based missionaries and are dependent upon the gifts of those who share our passion for leaders.
We have the privilege of receiving financial and prayer support from churches, mission agencies, para-church ministries, Christian businesses, and foundations. We also receive support from individuals who are led of the Lord to give above and beyond their tithe. While our team is not fully funded, they have nevertheless chosen to serve full-time and trust God to supply provision for their needs. And God has consistently proven Himself faithful.
Informing Clients of Our Costs
While there is no fee for our ministry, we do ask those who receive the ministry of IBL to prayerfully consider covering our expenses with a contribution to the ministry.
At an appropriate time in the course of serving a client, IBL provides the client with a summary of the costs incurred in ministering with them. These costs include direct expenses such as travel, lodging, meals, and materials, as well as the indirect personnel expenses due to the unfunded portion of our team’s personal support. Each year our Board of Directors, as part of the budgeting process, determines the average percentage of unfunded personal support for the team, and derives a per person-day cost of performing ministry. This amount is included in our cost summary to our clients. If all team members were fully funded, this cost would be $0 per person-day. Over the past several years, the amount of this cost has ranged from $90-120 per person-day of ministry.
We present cost summaries to our clients in order to be good stewards of the ministry God has given us. They are for informational purposes only and in no way reflect a “bill for services.” Our decision to serve alongside a client is not dependent on their ability or willingness to provide any gift to the ministry.
All contributions are tax deductible.
Those who give to the Institute of Biblical Leadership do so voluntarily because they trust the Ministry and believe in its vision. Operating with integrity and thereby meriting this trust is of paramount importance to IBL, including its Board of Directors, officers, staff, volunteer staff and friends. Ensuring that trust involves the following measures:
- Maintaining our nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax status with the Internal Revenue Service, assuring deductibility of gifts, with periodic IRS audits to certify compliance.
- Operating under an independent, self-perpetuating Board of Directors.
- Using gifts as designated by donors, and when undesignated, using gifts for the General Fund or other ministry priorities.
- Adhering to legal and IRS requirements to ensure tax deductibility of contributions, including subjecting all contributions to the control of IBL’s Board of Directors and its policies, including variance power.
- Issuing receipts promptly for every gift.
- Conducting gift solicitation only by IBL officers, employees or volunteers; and never by external, professional fund-raisers.
- Expressing affiliation by and appreciation for donors in a manner that does not compromise the full tax deductibility of gifts.
- Refusing to sell or rent mailing lists to any organization.
- Answering all inquiries from donors promptly.
- Ensuring approval of budgets, investments, reviews, audits and salaries by the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Maintaining confidentiality of donors records to the extent provided by the law.